Translate

Sunday, September 6, 2015

sleeping beauty

I have seasonal allergies - hay fever, and yesterday it was the worst I could remember since I was a teenager in the Niagara region. By 10pm last night I was hurting. The body aches combined with the exhaustion had left me just pining for a place to just lie down in a ball and let sleep heal me. I woke up this morning feeling much better and I took my dog out for a walk through the woods and started thinking about healing and its association to sleep. From that thought it was a short connective thought to the soul and its incarnation into matter. It is my belief that when the soul is assaulted in our youth, it enters into stasis as a means of self preservation and healing. This sleep heals, sleeping beauty comes to mind, and at some point in our lives it is ready to come forth once again or it can be roused or perturbed into action by an awakening, a trauma, or even the use of psychoactive substances.

"Sleeping Beauty", by Henry Meynell Rheam

Sometimes we rouse the soul before it's ready which leads to confusion and sometimes following paths that lead nowhere except to delusion and self aggrandizement. However when the time is right and the soul is ready to shine once again, we can make the choice to ignore the beckoning of the soul or we can follow that path and see where it leads.

No comments:

Post a Comment