Translate

Monday, February 14, 2022

i met Jesus

Want to hear something provocative? Okay, here goes: Jesus is real. Yup, the figure of Christ is not just some fancy made up story to dupe the plebes. I met him a while ago.

Apparently, if you meet Jesus then you have to worship him or something to that effect. I definitely felt the pull but my heart belonged to the Great Goddess so I shook Jesus' hand and that was that. Well, actually I dreamt about him a few months later and the dream involved shepherding me towards accepting Jesus into my heart and worshipping him. I remember waking up from the powerful dream and marvelling at his presence and pull.

The existence of Jesus is a cultural psychic phenomenon. That is why he is real. The collective consciousness of a group of people will psychically manifest the energetic representation of who and what they are conjuring. The same goes for Satan. He is as real as Jesus.

I've told this story before but I get a kick out of it so I'll re-tell and add to its lore. In 2013, I went on a trip into the Amazon jungle to discover shamanism and drink the magic potion called Ayahuasca. I was called to it because of my relationship with the Great Goddess, whom I had discovered in my search for meaning in this world. I had gone to Egypt in 2009 which had ignited a spark within that culminated in fulfilling an extensive search for a method to come into direct contact with her. I was not disappointed as within twenty minutes of drinking Ayahuasca she was right there with me. I participated in a couple more ceremonies and they didn't go as planned. To sum it up, they scared the shit out of me.

I was a few years past middle age and I had never taken any kind of serious mind-altering drug before so I was incredibly naive when it came to the use of the plant medicine Ayahuasca. In addition, I wasn't aware of any preparation needed to undergo this initiation, nor did I approach with the necessary seriousness. I abstained from spices and pork for a few days as told. I was to also stay away from alcohol but upon landing in Iquitos and being down by the Amazon river I wanted to take it all in with a beer. I had 48 hours before ceremony so why not? In other words, I was flippant and clueless. The day before entering into the jungle I did a boat tour of the local Amazon river and as part of it navigated through this shithole community called Belén which consists of a bunch of rickety floating houses on the Amazon. These people have nothing. No land, poor as all get out, and living a life so foreign to me. The subsequent plant medicine ceremonies were powerful and left my ill-prepared self dazed and confused. When I left the jungle and returned to the city of Iquitos, I was still in the intoxication. I was hearing the shaman's voice singing the icaros in my head. His bell was still reverberating in my mind and I was still shaken from all I had experienced. I was a psychological mess and I knew I needed to get out of there and go back home. I couldn't sleep that night because my mind wouldn't return to normal and instead just kept feeding back on itself. The next afternoon while waiting for a flight back to Lima I went to the boardwalk down by the river and walked around for a bit. I eventually rested at a spot that is at one of the ends of the path and it is next to the big Catholic church in Iquitos. I looked up and I saw this dude with long dark hair and a beard coming towards me with a big smile on his face. The following account is the truth - this really happened. He asked me where I was from. I said Toronto, Canada. He replied, "Nice to meet you Paul." He shook my hand and walked away. This freaked me right out because there's no way he could know my name. I was in a bad psychological state and it took a monumental effort to keep it all mentally together at this point.

If you were going to picture what Jesus looked like from the stories we hear about him, this guy was it. Later, I happened upon a poem I had written over a year ago where I had penned this line in it that exclaimed, "I saw Jesus at a rest stop." I had forgotten about the poem and what I wrote so when I re-read it I got those tingles and thought to myself holy Christ! I had foreshadowed this meeting. Then as I said, I had the dream involving Jesus. Furthermore, I learned that the Spanish "Belén" was referring to Bethlehem and Jesus, as he is apt to do, was hanging out with the poor.

So, yeah, I have met Jesus.

And thus, the question: If he is real and you know about him why don't you worship him? Well, you see he is a cultural phenomenon and he exists in our culture so that when you have an all too common human spiritual awakening he is present to shepherd you into the church. The church enforces cultural conformity and slavery. You are stopped dead in your path of awakening and give away your power to another entity that is reaching out with its many tentacles to ensnare you. I have said it before and I'll say it again: Jesus is an avatar for the weak. If you can't stand the thought of freedom and speaking up for yourself then he's your guy. If you tremble, panic, and run before the face of God then get to him through Jesus. However, if you want to walk that spiritual path to the end then you have to go it alone.

There're so many obstacles on the path towards spiritual awakening. Eventually, you come to expect them and easily see their presence. I'm not sure this makes it any easier to avoid or escape, however you are aware.

The physicists, material scientists, and their ilk will definitely scoff at my assertion that Jesus is real and of course they should. Brilliant minds suffer from intellectual myopia because they are experts in their chosen field and subsequently they think all their pronouncements are valid when applied to every other aspect of the human condition. The human mind is fascinating and group dynamics that result in collective consciousness are poorly understood and from my perspective and experience I see so much unexplained psychic phenomenon that is dismissed out of hand just because we can't reliably measure it. What happened to me is as real as real can be. To this day, I remember it as clear as a bell. What I find so incredible is that I had been inculcated by my upbringing and culture to manifest this collective perception of Jesus when I was ready to have that peculiar human spiritual awakening. Just a slight opening of the doors of perception revealed a Pandora's Box of psychic human treasure. I upset the apple cart of expectations by venturing out on my own and first discovering the Great Goddess so that when Jesus came a calling I shook his hand, shook my head, and continued on. This life is very funny.

Jesus is real and he lives in Iquitos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment