Translate

Monday, April 12, 2021

greater than the gods

I’m greater than the gods! Got your attention, didn’t I?

Why do we need to go into our shadow? You know, shadow work. The primary reason is to explore what you have buried, life traumas, issues you have not come to terms with, or haven’t accepted nor integrated into your life as of yet. Childhood traumas are a huge issue for a great deal of adults. There comes a great catharsis, relief, and letting go from acknowledging, coming to terms with, forgiving, and letting go of these energetic holds upon your condition. I lay claim to none of that as my childhood was relatively happy and I have no issues to explore from that period of my life that need closure. For sure, like every human on this planet, I have had some slights or difficult situations that have influenced the shaping of my life. I don’t talk about them but I haven’t buried them. Instead, I have chalked them up to experience.

So, personally examining shadow work is wanting to explore what makes me tick. When I reach deep down and need courage, or motivation, or to rise to the occasion to whom do I call on? When I need someone to blame for my shortcomings, who is there to take responsibility? Society? My parents? My shadow? These desires that keep tripping me up - where do they come from? Must be my shadow, right? The shadow is the toy box where everything is dumped into at the end of the day. There’s something comforting about having a reliable punching bag, holder of repressed emotions, and general scapegoat to lay off all my inadequacies.

The shadow is present within all life forms however it is only us humans that bury this part of us. Shadow is a misnomer; he is the divine masculine energy that pulses throughout the universe, enlivening the forms constructed by the divine feminine. So, it stands to reason that when you go off on a journey to find yourself you will encounter this god, entity, being, spirit, dragon, jaguar, adversary, and so on. And the same situation will occur with the feminine in the form of a goddess, lover, maiden, succubus, and fairy. This I write with some authority as I have experienced them both on this journey and they are conceptually my cosmic parents though it goes much deeper than that recognition in that as a gendered male I am both father and son. What I’m trying to get at in this musing is that every one of us human forms is a distinct biological form containing within them the same two spirits as mentioned above. The shadow I can discover, who at first meeting will scare the shit out of you, is the same spirit within all of us and it's my connection along with the Goddess to everyone on this planet. This knowledge lets me understand the basic makeup of everyone I meet, what they are going through, and at what stage of this discovery and awakening they are at. This puts me at a great advantage.

What is fascinating about our biological condition is that the all, the combination of feminine and masculine, has succeeded in creating a new entity that has autonomy. What I mean is that you are unique. You contain the signature of mom and dad however you are a blank slate; free to make of the opportunity with what you will. You consist of immortality and mortality. Through constant transformational magic of the masculine and re-birth magic of the feminine you transform mortality into immortality or as a sage would say, “ceaseless coming and going.” Another sage would explain this is the wheel of incarnation to which you would look for a way out through enlightenment.

The way out is to become greater than the gods. How would one go about that process? It involves combining conscious biological life with the eternal life force; in essence having the eternal energy become aware. That’s the divide. The separation of the two is found in the awareness. As a biological entity, I am aware of my surroundings; I am conscious. Energy is omnipresent but is not aware unless it has a vehicle to become aware much like light doesn’t shine unless it has a vehicle to allow for the condition of transformation from energy to light. The biological life form is what allows for a degree of consciousness of the energy, think of consciousness as light, however the biological form claims it all for themselves as opposed to an even split with what we eventually determine is our shadow. Consciousness as the light casts a shadow that we choose to not recognize. The divine energy that we do not recognize is the shadow. It’s the shadow because we buried that half of us as we became accepted into our human society and peculiarities of culture. And then we attached all desires and emotions we did not want to deal with to the shadow. We are the architect of the monster. To return to what was, we have to re-discover, come to terms with, and acknowledge the shadow. Apologize for our disregard and malice. Once re-integrated, the human partnership project can resume.

In totality, we contain in our form the essence of all there is. Waiting to be discovered is a goddess and a god; your celestial parents. The mother is love and wisdom who will do anything for her children. There is also jealousy and desire that arise from separating the feminine from the masculine. The father is courage, strength, valour, and reasoning allowing you to use your mental faculties to solve any problem put before you. He is also a dragon that rages and a rampaging jaguar that dominates and destroys those in his way. Coming forth as a man, I meet the father in the depths as my shadow. When I get to know him and re-discover this hidden relationship he becomes my teacher; teaching his son how to become a warrior and master his domain. The mother teaches me to love, play, and to help others in need. In addition, I discover my hidden soulmate; the maiden who makes me whole. The coming together of our being into one is beyond description. The attraction is intense and the fire burns within to explore this relationship.

When I look at my dog, I see the energetic powers of the universe having come forth in a biological form. My dog operates upon instinct for the most part. She has awareness, yet the differences between her species and mine is I can think about thinking and create constructs out of these intellectual feedback loops until I bring the concepts to life through desire.

I was thinking about this because I have a secret. I know I can become greater than the gods and by this, I mean my celestial parents; the divine feminine and masculine to which I refer from whence all comes forth. Humans are unique in that we are the result of the fount of the eternal energies that created the universe and we have conscious awareness and an intellectual capacity to understand that we know that we know. I’m not sure my dog knows she is aware or can conceptualize her situation but for the most part runs on instinct which in a way is a pre-programmed set of instructions activated by biological need. Animals don’t think about thoughts or sit down to meditate in order to give their thinking mind a break. What I mean about becoming greater than the gods is I am unique in that I am aware. I also know of the power within that animates all of creation yet operates in a shadowy world, obfuscated from the consciousness of biological life. The power, my parents, exist as a twinning of feminine and masculine that I have interacted with and have invited to come forth within the vehicle of self. This is a fancy way of saying that I no longer need to seek power; instead I am power. I can shine with the light of man and express the love of the woman. I can rescue both from the shadowy world where they were left buried in order for my biological form to take centre stage for the majority of my life. The downhill ride of my life span has allowed me to let go and enjoy the gravitational force that propels me along on the path. I don’t have to do the difficult climb up the mountain anymore. That part of the journey is in the rear-view mirror. I let it go and allow the divine part of me to come forth. A goddess and a god that are conscious, aware, and eternal. I’m the good son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment