Translate

Monday, July 2, 2018

clarity

There is no eternal reward or punishment. It is a choice whether to get off the wheel of incarnation. Desire is the overriding factor in whether you wish to return to the sensual world and its pleasures and sufferings. There is no ultimate morality and no ideals you have to live up to as they are all products of the times. Existence is an experience, a game, and you can play it any way you wish. So what do you do when you get to this point of clarity and understanding? You can do whatever you want. There are no cosmic repercussions. But therein lies the rub. I have now an eternal get out of jail free card. Now it is left up to me. I am free. And what I do with this freedom will ultimately define and reveal my character through the choices I make. Don Howard talks of integrity, he mentions impeccability, and you can't miss him talking about reciprocity. I don't have to live up to any of these lofty ideals or act in accordance with them at all. It's my choice. It doesn't matter and it is precisely why it doesn't matter that it is such a vexing problem. My character isn't real. My personality is a sham. I know that. In this quixotic game of life I just keep hearing don Howard say "just lead by your own shining example." Reading between the lines of the wisdom he imparts I know that means ultimately have integrity, be impeccable, be of service, and give back. Can I do that even though there's no carrot at the end of the stick? Can and will I do that just because? Do I choose to be part of the problem or part of the solution? How I want the world to be is what I bring to the table and how I act. It doesn't matter, yet it is the reality I will have helped create.

No comments:

Post a Comment